The Great Escape

The Great Escape is a full service bicycle shop, featuring TREK and GARY FISHER bicycles. Our services include a complete range of bicycle accessories and a full service repair shop. In our Greenville and Spartanburg stores we also have an excellent hobby shop, specializing in Radio Control airplanes and cars, trains, rockets and plastic model of all types.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rainy Day Grey

So it's been a while since my last blog. Most of my followers only see my sleek Trek Madone 5.2, but there is so much more to cycling than race bikes and the paceline where I try to hold my line. There is the rewarding experience of commuting by bike, the barhopping downtown, the thrill of riding home in the dark even in the rain. The Trek Soho shown above is what I consider my rainy day bike, and why not? The bike is painted rainy day gray, the full mudguards, sealed roller brakes, American made "Gates Carbon Belt, and belt guard all make for what my boss calls the perfect rainy day bike.

This very afternoon I donned my poncho, which I purchased from our neighbor Half Moon Outfitters, my ear muffs, Trek helmet, and new gloves, and headed outside for my commute back home. My coworkers, all of which are hard core cyclist looked on and offered encouragement. "You're bike was made for a day like this" said my boss Ric with a smile. I thought to myself he is right. Weather like this is what separates the real bike commuter from the posers.
I pedaled into the spritz with a smile as they watched me leave. I kept that smile all the way home. The glass of red wine felt sweeter and smoother going down with the paprika chicken dish my wonderful wife prepared for me. I was so glad I rode to work today. I feel so much more alive.
Do yourself a favor. Ditch the car and commute by bike as much as you can. The feeling it gives you is so good for your body and your soul.
Thank you my dear friends at "The Great Escape Bicycle shop". Thank you for your encouragement on days like this when it seems so much easier on the surface to take the car, but just beneath the surface is my favorite place to be, because that is where serenity lives. Do yourselves a favor. Experience the bliss. Commute by bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home